Tuesday through Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Every first Thursday of the month: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
Closed on Mondays
Open on all public holidays (including mondays) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed on January 1, December 24, 25 and 31 each year
Tickets are valid for same-day admission to the permanent collection galleries and all special exhibitions.
Discounted ticket*: €8.00
Groups: €9.00 per person (20 or more people)
1st Thursday of the Month: €7.00
- Children and young adults under the age of 18 to special exhibitionsn (permanent collection = free admission)
- Holders of the "Köln Pass"
- Members of the "Verband Bildender Künstler"
- Members of the "Internationale Organisation für Bildende Kunst"
- Children under the age of 6 (to permanent collection and special exhibition(s))
- Children and young adults under the age of 18 to the permanent collection (special exhibition(s) = reduced price)
- Students of Art/ Art History, enrolled in a Cologne or Bonn University
- Refugees + 1 person in company to the permanent collection
- Company of people with a disability and in possession of a valid “severely handicapped” pass displaying the letter “B”
- ICom members (International Council of Museums)
- Holders of the "Künstlerkarte Köln"
- Holders of the "Förderkarte der Museen der Stadt Köln"
On the first Thursday of the month, beginnig at 5 p.m., we offer discounted admission to the collection and all special exhibitions for €7.00.
During the evenings of our Late Night Thursdays you can experience music, film, cabaret, readings, artist talks, and much more in the museum!
Furthermore, on every first Thursday of the month it's "KölnTag" (Cologne Day). From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., all Cologne residents receive free admission to the permanent collection.
Free admission to the permanent collection, €4.00 per student/teacher to special exhibition areas
The museum building is designed to accomodate visits with wheelchairs or strollers. Wheelchairs are available at the admissions desk. We also offer tours via tour guides for visitors with hearing disabilities. Please inquire with admissions personnel.
Present a Thalys ticket at the admission desk and receive museum admission at the discounted price.
Here you can find information about the Jahreskarte der Kölner Museen (Annual Ticket to the Museums of the City of Cologne)